Thursday, October 18, 2012

Triadic Chevron - and Day #18 of Blogtoberfest!

I had my Guild Meeting this evening and we were treated to an amazing trunk show (which I totally took pictures of but will show them another day) by a fellow guild member -  the fantastically talented Cheryl Arkison of Dining Room Empire.  She co-authored a book Sunday Morning Quilts and had a ton of quilts from the book at the guild meeting tonight.  I cannot wait to get a copy of her book - its stunning. 

After her amazing trunk show we had our 'show and tell' for the night (I took pictures of those to share for a different blog post as well - can't give it all up in one night! Plus I have to upload all the pictures from my phone and that might take a while!!!). I brought my Triadic Chevron homework assignment from last months meeting and I think it went over well.


I had started off with 2 1/2 inch blocks but after a few errors in piecing I had to trim them all down to 2 1/4 inch blocks so I lost a lot of the negative space that I was going for.  Still when I showed it to my daughter she fell in love with it and wanted it right away for a blanket for her 'special kitty' that she sleeps with and carts around the house everywhere.  I am going to sandwich it and try out some {gasp} free motion quilting on it and then give it to her to play with. 

I did show the completed top of the Domestic Handbag quilt and was given some AMAZING suggestions on how I might go about quilting the top.  I have already ventured so far out of my comfort zone on this quilt I might continue along on that path and try my hand at some free motion.  Or I might just chicken out and do my good old straight line quilting! ;) 

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you had a great Thursday and a fabulous Day #18 of Blogtoberfest! 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a nice evening. I bought the "Sunday Morning Quilts" and I really like it. I'm using one of the patterns in a charity quilt I'll be posting soon. The Triadic Chevron is so pretty. WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...