Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Domestic Handbag Quilt top COMPLETE! And Day #17 of Blogtoberfest!

First of all let me say how the heck is it October 17th already?!?!  Wasn't it like October 2nd the other day!?!  I am totally loving the Blogtoberfest thing this year and I haven't missed a post yet.  Hopefully I can keep the momentum going for November and December. 

This evening marks a momentus occasion (for me...!) I finally got the quilt top done for the Domestic Handbag quilt that I am working on for my Sister-In-Law!  I'm so happy with how it looks although I know I could have done better on matching some of the seams up but since its my first time doing a quilt with so many pieces I'm just happy that I didn't throw in the towel and do a simple four patch to get it out the door.  I tried to push myself and have a few lessons learned for the next time I tackle this pattern. 

I REALLY wish that I could share a picture of the top, hopefully I will have the quilt sandwhich done by the end of the weekend and then I can get going on the quilting early next week.  I cannot wait to give this to my SIL and I know that she will love it! 

Tomorrow is my Guild Meeting and after that I can post my Triadic color assignment, and I PROMISE I will have pictures gallore of that.

Until tomorrow my friends! 

2 comments:

  1. You're moving right along with everything. The quilt top is done and it will be finished soon. I'm anxious to see the Triadic thing too. Congratulatons on doing so well with the Blogtoberfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a great feeling!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...