Sunday, October 21, 2012

Confessions and Quilt Tops - Day #21 of Blogtoberfest!

I have a confession - I LOVE starting a quilt, I love picking out a pattern, fabric, thread...the whole nine yards.  What I do NOT love, is the process of finishing a quilt!  I love the immediate satisfaction that I get when I get a quilt top completed and I can lay it down on the floor and admire how fanstic it turned out (nothing like tooting my own horn or anything!!).  Then its the quilt sandwich and the quilting and the binding that totally tend to drag on forever.  For me I know its because its all tedious work that takes hours but you can't really see much progress becuase its all so small. Since I have three quilts that are either at the sandwich, quilting or almost ready to be sandwiched stage I better embrace the tediousness and get cracking.

Speaking of quilt tops, I finished the top of my Domestic Handbad quilt the other day and I've been brooding over having to come up with a way to piece the backing (never had to do that on a quilt before becuase they are usually crib or lap sized quilts) and it was really stressing me out.  Well last night when I was brushing my teeth - I tend to have most of my lightbulb moments either in the shower or when I'm brushing my teeth - I had such a fantastic idea that I had to break out the quilt, backing and a few other things  (this quilt is a surprise so if your name is Tracy - STOP READING!) and figured out how I was going to piece the back.  I think its going to look fabulous AND its attainable for me to piece the back in one night which is always a plus. 

I wish I could post pictures of it but since its a surprise - I can't!!!  That being said I came across this picture online and had to share!  

Source

I also got a tiny bit of work done on my Eye Spy quilt - that one is just a few squares away from being able from the top being able to be sewn together.  Then I get to start on the sandwiching and working on piecing the back of that one - and the nice thing about that quilt is since its for my kids I can take pictures and share that with you!

Day #21 of Blogtoberfest is over and done HOURS before most days!  Yeay me.  Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay you and me for still blogging daily. I know what you mean about starting projects. I just love that part and then it drags on and on and on when it comes to the finishing part. I guess that's why I have so many UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...