Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DIY Party Decorations

I can't believe my little girl turned THREE this past weekend!!  Miss L is the biggest girly girl I have ever seen which is funny since her bigger sister and I are so not into dresses or anything too fru fru so I'm not quite sure where she gets it from.

When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she kept saying she wanted princesses so I decided to take that theme and run with it!

I saw This post last summer and totally forgot about it until I saw it again on Pinterest (my goodness how I love that site!!!) that shows how to make your own ruffled streamers.  When I saw it last summer I knew that I'd have to try it for one of the girls parties one day!


I am SO bummed that I didn't get better pictures of the streamers or other decorations - we had 31 people over for a 'small' birthday party and it wound up being crazy busy.  Needless to say I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I should of and I totally forgot to take pictures of my awesome decorations (which totally bummed me out!!!).  I can still show you how I made the streamers though.

I took two rolls of crepe paper and put the stitch length to the longest it could go and the tension to the tightest and with a little 'help' from Baby C I sewed the two rolls together overlapping them slightly.


Ahhhh the ruffled goodness!!!!!


For some reason my first try was way loser than the second and third rolls but they all still looked super cool.  


I'm planning on reusing these streamers and making a few more for Miss S's birthday in September - I'll be sure to take LOTS of pictures of that party.

I know its not quilting, but I feel fabulous for finally posting something about sewing for the first time in a very LONG time!  Thanks for sticking with me.....Have a fabulous Wednesday everyone!!   




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...