The final product!
I wanted the wreath to lay pretty flat so I decided to use a cardboard backing - and like most families with a baby and 2.5 year old at home I have a TON of diaper boxes so I used one of those. I found the biggest circle I could (gotta love big fruit bowls) and traced around it with my good old sharpie.
Then I used a corel soup bowl to trace out the inside of the wreath.
I looked around for an exacto knife but I couldn't find one and I really didn't feel like wrestling with scissors so I found the next best thing - a steak knife! I'm loving how this is looking very toilet seat'esque right now! ;)
Next I grabbed my bows and my glue gun and Miss S and I glued the crap out of the cardboard.
A ton of bows later and a few glue sticks and this was the end result:
We hung it on our front hall closet door since I don't think it would hold up too well in the -10C weather we have outside right now.
|Note to self - buy a better camera....! ;)|
Seeings how it is Occupy Your Sewing Room week over at Cat Patches I thought that I should do an update on what sewing I've gotten done this week:
- I did get a Christmas Table Runner (mostly) finished this week but I haven't sewn the binding on yet. Thats my tonight project and I'll post pictures of it tomorrow.
- I'm also working on cutting the fabric for my Eye Spy quilt, hopefully I'll have that cut up and ready to go so I can start on that in the next few days.