Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In 'Progress' and Day #27 of Blogtoberfest!

Wow - its October 27th already - and I've managed to stick with Blogtoberfest almost all the way to the end - only 4 more days until the end of this years Blogtobefest. 

Last night was the Friday Night Sew-In hosted by Crafty Vegas Mom and Handmade by Heidi and I was able to get a large majority of my Christmas table runner pieced together while texting back and forth with my step-sister, Sherry who lives a few provinces away.  Sherry has a Blog and does some pretty amazing stitching, her Etsy store has some super cute stuff, I'm really partial to the Owl Pillow Case.  She promised that she would teach me how to stitch (its not like I need another hobby, but I really want to learn how!!) and I will help her as much as I can learn how to quilt. 

Getting back to my table runner - I managed to hack up my charm square, piece it all together and I've got almost all the squares squared up - that's tonight's project.  Then tomorrow it will be more sewing and hopefully I'll have the top done in a night.  I think I might try my hand at some free motion quilting on this runner - its small enough that it should be easy to maneuver and I figure I gotta start somewhere!

 
 
I haven't laid the squares out in any kind of order to take the pictures, I was just lining them up to see how they are all going to look together - its super cute!  I used the Flurry by Moda Charm pack - and WOW is sewing ever easier when you don't have to cut a ton of fabric up to get your little squares that you have to cut up more! 
 
My cheat sheet to make sure that I was sewing the right rectangles and squares together.  Its amazing how easily it is to forget what I need to sew if I don't have a guide of some kind in front of me - or am I the only one that does this?!!

 
Friday Night Sew-In is over for October and I'm looking forward to Novembers Sew-in.
 
Tonight Miss S has been invited to her very first friend Halloween Party that she is super excited to go to - pretty quick the princess dress will be donned and I will be whisking Cinderella away in her Chariot (the van) to the party.  I hope she has a good time, its just for the kids and I will be dropping her off at the door and heading home for a few hours - shes growing up so much and so fast - I'm not sure I'm ready for this!!!  ;)

6 comments:

  1. No, Kari, you're not the only one that needs to keep looking at the diagram or instructions. I had a terrible time making a recent mini quilt because I kekpt mixing the little squars up and the diagram wasn't coming out right. Can't wait to see your finished project. Also, WTG for sticking with Blogtoberfest for 27 days. I KNOW how hard it is to do a daily post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I draw up my own versions of diagrams and keep them with me or I completely lose the plot. Your runner is looking so good, and yep love pre-cuts too. Good luck with the fmq if you decided to brave it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you had some good FNSI results, I actually finished something lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a pretty table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No your not the only one who forgets remembering which bits to sew where, I get quite confused at times. Love the fabric you are using the table runner is going to be super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabric you chose for your project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...