Monday, November 5, 2012

Down Time Monday

I used to LOVE the "fall back" time change - I used to love it until I had kids and I have the type of kids that get up at the crack of dawn so a time change means they get up BEFORE the crack of dawn!!  Thankfully for me, my kids spent Saturday night at Grandma and Grandpas (and not so good for the grandparents) and got them up at the crack of dawn. I really didn't plan it that way at all, it just happened.  After a REALLY early morning yesterday and then a full afternoon playing with cousins at my nephews birthday party the kids were pretty tired. 

They proceeded to get up at 6:00 this morning (but not before each child being up at least three times last night - which made for a very tired Mommy today!).  Miss S had Kindergarten and as soon as we all got home from picking her up and I finished unloading some groceries from the car I saw this under the chair:


That would be Miss L trying to take a nap at 11:30 - little stinker.  Mr C was already out cold for his nap so Miss S and I were able to sit down for a little big girl crafting! 

 
I got her a foam penguin set a while ago and she has been desperate to do it.  Since the little ones were asleep I gave her the go ahead and I got a tiny bit done on one of my quilts which was fantastic multi-tasking!!  

Once Mr. C woke up he proceeded to get into everything like he normally does.  Little turkey wanted one of the play remotes off the end table and after stretching from the couch to grab it he realized he couldn't get back. I couldn't resist a picture to capture how much of a turkey he can be!


When Miss L woke up after her impromptu nap I knew something wasn't right - I think the poor little thing is getting sick.  Shes super warm (102.1F fever) and doesn't want to eat.  There is one thing about Miss L - she ALWAYS wants to snack on something so when shes not wanting to eat, you know something is up. 


I foresee a relaxing afternoon and evening at home tonight.  Hopefully Miss S stays healthy and Miss L is OK to go to school tomorrow (she loves preschool) and if not its off to the doctor we go if shes still this sick.  Poor little bean.

I hope you all have a great and restful Monday, ours will be restful at least! - see you tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the little C pics! He's such a turkey! Poor L she looks rough! Hopefully it doesn't last long. And S is getting so tall and big girl like! I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...