Sunday, November 11, 2012

Almost done....!

I totally felt guilty for not blogging yesterday but then realized that unless I have something earth shattering to share, or if I am just not in the mood to blog, I am not going to stress out about it.  Blogtoberfest was awesome but sometimes a day off is totally allowed - yesterday was my day off and I totally enjoyed the family time and a quiet evening.

After a quiet Sunday (and a REALLY busy Saturday with family) I managed to get some quality time in with the Domestic Handbag quilt - and I only have about 1/4 of the binding to finish sewing on and then its  DONE!! Like finished, finito, donezo, completed.....!!!  I still have to wash it (which I will admit that I am a little scared to do but I figure a color catcher should do its job and it will be ok!) so it will look its best when I give it to my SIL.  I am hoping to swing seeing her on Friday and then I'll be able to give her the quilt then - once she has it I can post away with a ton of pictures so you can all see it!  Hopefully that post will be on Saturday.  Who am I kidding, with how much I have talked about this quilt I will totally be posting pictures about it for weeks to come.

Once I finish the Domestic Handbag quilt, I am going to jump in and finish my Christmas Table Runner so its good to go in a few weeks when we start busting out the Christmas stuff.


I might add a boarder or something to it since I didn't realize how big my table is and the runner looks a little puny hanging out in the middle of the table like a lost over sized placemat.  I might also try out some FMQ on this to see how it goes - I'm feeling adventurous lately!

Thanks for stopping by  - see you tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready to see your finished Domestic Handbag Quilt. i know your SIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...