Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tumbling Rubies - progress!

I started working on my Tumbling Rubies quilt back at the beginning of August with the help of my beautiful niece - she helped me cut the fabric on my Accuquilt as well as helped pick out the first few rows of fabric.  Then came along Baby B and most of my sewing came to a grinding halt.  Thankfully I've been able to get a little bit more of the quilt done.

All the tumblers lined up and a few extra fat eighths that I still had left to cut a few weeks ago.


My kitchen table being used as a design board - I am HORRIBLE at trying to attempt a 'random' pattern but I was trying to get into the spirit of it as I was laying it all out.


Some of the rows are done - I messed up on some of my random'ness and I have a few tumblers that I feel are too close together and its driving me bonkers - but that might just be my OCD coming through!  What can I say...I like a set pattern.  Don't get me wrong I love love love the look of a completely random quilt top I just suck at laying everything out so its all random (which sounds like an oxymoron!).


Hopefully I can tackle the rest of this quilt soon - its so lovely and I can't wait to see it all completed.

Day #5 of Blogtoberfest done!!  Should I admit that I have a list of stuff written down near my computer that I want to blog about this month so I don't have an excuse to not blog?!  

7 comments:

  1. That looks really neat--love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of little pieces. I can hardly wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. I just love this, and I want to go start cutting one out right now. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it will be a great quilt! You can always swap the rows if you have ones that end up being to matchy matchy. I had the same issues with randomness on this quilt I'm working on now.. I laid it all out and then ended up swapping and flipping. It will all work out in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabrics and I need to buy that die! Seems like quite a few of us quilters have a little OCD........
    great idea to have a list of things to blog about in October. I'm on day 5 too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggle with being "random" as well. What's up with that anyway? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've chosen beautiful fabrics for this quilt, love the colours its going to look great!
    (You're not the only one with a blogtoberfest list. Not sure I'd make it without mine!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...