My wonderful husband bought Miss S some new jeans for school last month and the little weed has already almost grown out of them. I thought I would try to upcycle an old skirt of Miss L's and see if I could get some more lenght and use out of Miss S's new pants. I have been eyeballing some super cute ruffled pants on Etsy for the last few weeks and thought - hey how hard can it be?! Well apparently they are hard!!
The more I think about my first attempt at making Miss S a pair of Ruffled pants the more I see it as an epic fail. I messed up on a few things but on the bright side I have LEARNED MY LESSON and need to work on making proper ruffles before I attempt to sew them onto pants! The pathetic ruffles I did have didn't translate when I sewed them on and I have tubes on the bottoms of the pants. ;(
I took one of Miss L's old skirts that don't fit her anymore and used that as the ruffle since it already had a rolled hem on it. Plus I loved the fabric and wanted to see it being used again!
The pants from afar:
I don't like how the ends are longer than the middle, I'm not a big fan of the flatness of the 'ruffle' BUT I'm going to reserve the final judgement until Miss S wakes up tomorrow morning and tries them on.
Ugh, the more I look at these pants the more I just want to go eat some chocolate and call it a day!
On the bright side, I actually sewed 2 days in a ROW! And both things I sewed were completely new and something I had never done before. Yeay me!