Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ruffled Pant - the Final Finished Product!

I know, I know...how many posts can I dedicate to ONE pair of pants?!  I guess the answer is three!!  ;)


I started these pants a few days ago with an idea in my head – I really wanted a ruffle on Miss S’s pants that were too short but after a calamity of errors (one of which was cutting off the extra fullness from the ruffle) I wound up with a pair of cuffed pants with a cute little ric rack trim!  


I've only sewed ric rack a few times and it got away from me on one of the pant legs but I figure once Miss S is running around no one is going to be close enough to them to see the ric rack is a little off.


A little close up of the cuffs.


The pants are super cute when they are on and its nice that Miss S will get a few more months out of a new'ish pair of pants which is always a good thing!

Miss L wanted her toes in the picture too!!
Perhaps I should rename my blog to 'the scatterbrained quiltapotamus' with how many mistakes I seem to make along the way! Oh well, I am learning all the time and can laugh at myself so I'll keep plugging along and quite possibly screwing up a little more along the way!!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love them ... even if they aren't as perfect as you wanted them to be. I think they are very cute. Love the painted toe nails by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them ... even if they aren't as perfect as you wanted them to be. I think they are very cute. Love the painted toe nails by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pants look really sweet and it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...