Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting Reacquainted with my Runners!

Over the past 5 years I have either been pregnant or nursing - with a few month break in between each baby - and each time I had a 'break' between pregnancies I tried to get back into working out but life kind of got in the way.   That being said I've done some soul searching and some fitness goal setting and have figured out my 'get back into shape after baby!' plan.

Let me in introduce you to my lovelies:


I've had these for quite a few years and although it doesn't look like it they have at least a few hundred kilometres on them (gotta love treadmills!) so they are good for some serious training!!!

Today I signed myself up for the Resolution Run on New Years Eve (along with my SIL as her birthday present).  Its a 5K run along the Bow River in downtown Calgary.   I did this race quite a few years ago and it was -40C, we all had icicles on every hair follicle on our faces - it was AWESOME!!!!

I have just over 10 weeks to get myself into 5K shape, so I need to get started!

Once I tackle the Resolution Run my next goal is the Calgary Half Marathon at the end of May - 21.1K (or 13.1 miles) and then my really really really lofty goal is the Canadian Derby Edmonton Marathon 42.2K (or 26.2 miles) which takes place on August 19th.

I do have an idea of what I'm getting myself into - I did a half marathon and a full marathon 6 years ago BUT they were both before babies and when I actually had free time on my hands.  Thankfully I've got myself armed with training plans, a training partner (SIL), and will be paying for my races soon so I don't chicken out!!

I'll post from time to time with my training so you all can keep me accountable!  Now I need to head downstairs and clean the junk and toys off the treadmill!!  

2 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm for the run. I'm so overweight and I could certainly do with doing some exercise. Maybe I can take a leaf out of your book and do a little training. Certainly not to the extent that you are, but enough to help me lose some weight. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud your desire to get back in shape. I. do. not. run. I don't like it, which is funny because I played basketball for many years..lots of running there. I like to walk and ride bike though. I hope that you can meet all of your goals :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...