Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew In -

Last night was the Friday Night Sew In.  I managed to get 5 more rows of my Tumbling Rubies quilt sewn together and ironed before my sister came over and we watched Paranormal Activity 2 (and screamed TWICE and woke the baby up!).  I was hoping to get the whole quilt top done but I never pass up a chance to eat chips, watch a movie and hang out!

I'm really loving how the quilt is turning out so far - even though my 'random' pattern produced not one but two tumblers that are matching up in two separate rows.  Oh well, I guess that helps add to the overall look.


I have 8 rows sewn together and another 7 more waiting to be squared up and sewn on.  I was hoping that 15 rows would be enough but I think it will be a super small lap quilt with only the 15 rows total since I'm not thinking about doing borders.  Like everything I do without a pattern, I'm wiging it!  So I might have to add a few more rows once I get the 15 that I already have sewn put together.  I'll make that call when I need to cross that bridge.

And for a nice Saturday morning funny break:  This is what happens when you bust out the camera with my four year old......


At least she asked permission to make a face before she did it!  

5 comments:

  1. The perfect recipe for FNSI - sewing (Tumbling Rubies is beautiful!), movie watching with your sister and eating junk food - we should FNSI every week, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting ... that is so effective. Well you are better than me because I don't like scary movies and would never watch paranormal activity. Definitely not my thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tumbler blocks look like they'd be fun to sew. And you're little ones are adorable, even with the funny face... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great evening! Love the progress on the quilt! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower! Have a Great Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great so far.. I can't believe you got any sewing done with two little ones.. you are supermom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...