Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Feeling Guilty!

So its November 2nd - only TWO DAYS after Blogtoberfest ended and its almost 11:00 at night and I'm feeling super guilty for not having anything on the go to Blog about tonight!  I haven't been able to sew the past few days, but on a super happy note our basement development is moving along spectacularly!  Everything is done except the paint, carpet and trim.  We have a few paint colors picked out and hopefully will be able to paint next week when my husband is between shifts.  Then we are one step closer to a finished playroom and my sewing nook!

I was trying to think about what to blog about when I walked by this tonight:

I really need to start taking pictures during the day when
the light is better! 
A few weeks ago when I was at my Moms house I saw this book in her bookshelf - Better Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorite Cake and Cookie Recipes (circa 1980!!) - and it took me way back.  We used to make the Chocolate Chip Cookies from this when I was a little girl and they were amazing, super soft and chewy and always turned out awesome.  She gave me this book and I cannot wait to make those same cookies with my girls in the next few days, I just need to do some serious baking ingredient shopping first.

Miss S and Miss L love to help in the kitchen and I am trying to set up a day of the week where we can bake or make something together (more than just dinners they help me with almost every day).  There is something special about baking and cooking with kids, I loved to cook with my Mom when I was little and now that I'm a Mom I love cooking with my girls.  Baby C gets to 'supervise' us in his bouncy chair when we are in the kitchen so he's included too!

Hopefully I can get some shopping done in the next day or two and we can bust out some super awesome cookies and I can show you all our masterpieces!

1 comment:

  1. I love making cookies..I just made some earlier in the week.. yummy! We have a Betty Crocker cook book from the 70's, some of the blurbs in there are hilarious. It's a cookbook/how to be a good wife and lady book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...