Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pillowcase Dress

I've always wanted to sew clothes for my girls.  I remember my Mom making me shorts to wear when I was a little girl and I LOVED them and I really want to have a memory like that for my girls for when they are older.

I have NEVER sewn a piece of clothing before for myself (or anyone else and an apron doesn't count!) so I was a little leery of trying any kind of clothing out but everyone says pillowcase dresses are super easy and finally after having the fabric for a few months I finally bit the bullet and made one for my oldest - Miss S.  She came back from a weekend and Grandma and Grandpas and I had her change into it right away and surprise everyone.....she loved it!


I made the tie a little too long (quick fix tomorrow and it will be all good) and I made the arm holes a little smaller than they should be - its either that or Miss S has enormous shoulders and I don't think thats the case.  I should be able to tweak them to fit better on the next dress though.

Everyone that told me that sewing a pillowcase dress was easy didn't lie - it was actually quite easy and I didn't mess up which is always a good thing!!  I didn't attempt the bias tape on the arm holes since I'm still not sure how to do it so I just folded the edges under and did a little topstitching which worked out well.

I have matching fabric in blue that I want to make a dress for Miss L out of and then my little princesses can have matching dresses!  How cute will that be?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...