I started an Eye Spy quilt for my kids when I was pregnant with Mr. C - that was over 18 months ago! My goodness does time ever go by quick. I started back to work on this quilt a few months ago but then loathed the quilting I did on top and put it away for a few more months. My girls saw it while I was organizing my sewing room on the weekend and they had a ton of fun playing eye spy with the quilt even though its not done. That spurred me into action and in a few days I had the label done, the binding cut and partially hand sewn on. One of these days I am going to seriously have to figure out the whole machine sewn binding, until then its hand binding for me!
I used a blanket stitch to add the label and since I didn't think of doing this until AFTER I had the full quilt sewn together you can see the blanket stitch on the front of the quilt. You can see the blanket stitch on the front of the quilt but thankfully its on a really light eye spy square, it blends it rather well. I wont do it that way again but it worked for this quilt.
I still have to finish 3/4 of the binding but its coming along nicely - hopefully I will have a 2013 finish soon that is bigger than a doll quilt! ;)
Thanks for stopping by - see you soon!
Welcome back to your blog, Kari :)I see you've been busy. That I-Spy quilt will certainly be loved by your children. I also seem to forget the label until I'm almost done and have to sew it onto the finished quilt usually. Whatever works.ReplyDelete