Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tumbling Rubies - Quilt Sandwich'ed!

YEAY!   My Tumbling Rubies Quilt is finally starting to look (and feel) like a real quilt!  

Last night I hunkered down and set about to start the tedious task of completing the quilt sandwich; so with my iTunes going, a full glass of coke and a bowl of chips nearby I got to work taping, smoothing, and pinning.....and pinning....and pinning.....!

I've got the top pinned, cut to size and ready to be machine quilted.  As much as I would LOVE to do some free motion quilting I think I'll keep it simple and let the fabric and the tumblers be the stars of this quilt.


I think that it will be a great lap size quilt - about 32 inches by 45 inches when the binding is done.  Perfect for snuggling under while watching TV or reading a good book or during a little cuddle time with the kids!  

Hopefully the kids will cooperate at bedtime over the next little bit and I can move this quilt from the WIP pile to the FINISHED list!!  

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful! The sandwich part is my LEAST favorite.. I just can't ever seem to get it tight/smooth enough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...