Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pay it Forward Challenge - COMPLETE!!

I was sitting at the table this afternoon with the girls after lunch, Miss L was coloring and Miss S was painting so I figured why not try to finish my little Tissue Holders at the table with the girls since they were close by and otherwise occupied.
It only took a minute before Miss S wanted to 'help' and after a few seconds of trying to figure out how to keep a 3 year old from hurting herself while helping me sew she figured out that she could help me lower my sewing foot and I could lift it each time I sewed a line.   Miss L kept coloring but would start dancing each time I was sewing - apparently a sewing machine has a good beat for an 18 month old to groove to!  It was AWESOME to share sewing with the girls and I loved the fact that they were so happy to hang out with me and want to help.  I'm wracking my brain to see what little projects I can have stashed away that they can 'help' me.

I can't find my big camera and the little one is dead so no pictures of the final products yet (plus I don't want to spoil the surprise for my 5 friends that will be waiting for the tissue holders in the mail!).

Thanks for stopping by The Purple Quiltapotamus! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...