I've been a sewing/cutting machine the past few days (with plenty of rest and relaxation in between!) and have managed to get the entire quilt top finished for the Tumbling Dots quilt that I'm making for our newest addition that is due to arrive in August.
The other day I managed to cut up all the tumblers for the body of the quilt so today I managed to get the yellow boarder tumblers cut. Through a bit of trial and error I think I have finally figured out the easiest way to cut the tumblers with the least amount of waste - but I'm sure I can still find a better way - wasting fabric kills me!! At least I'm getting some good scraps out of the deal this way!
The rows all laid out on the table before quilting them together.
The finished top. I still have to square up the sides and find some backing in the near future but I'm quite happy with how it turned out! Its approximately 30 x 40 inches which is a great size for throwing down on the ground so the little guy will be up off the carpet and on something nice and cozy.
I think I'm going to do echo quilting to finish the top but I've never done it before so I might try out a quick trial run on some scraps before I attack the entire quilt top and bite off more than I can (or want!!) to chew!