From far away it doesn't look to bad:
The backing isn't too bad either:
But when you get real close - you can see the 'magic' of the Drunk Monkey in action:
There is nary a straight line to be seen......
That being said, I have learned MANY a lesson working on this quilt:
- My accuracy has improved over the course of the past year and a half that I have been working on this quilt. Some seams are fantastic (my later work) and some aren't (the blocks that I did at the beginning of the quilt. I need to take my time and continue to improve on my accuracy with piecing.
- I will NEVER.EVER.NEVER.EVER purchase and use poly batting. E-V-E-R. I made the mistake of getting talked into it since the the quilt store did not have the cotton batting I wanted and I wanted to work on the quilt so bad that I just grabbed what was available.
- I need to pull my quilt tighter when I am making the quilt sandwich - I think my top was a little too loose so I got some puckering when I quilted the top.
- I need to lighten up on myself - every quilt is able to teach me a lesson or two (this one more than a few lessons were taught!) and I am a very occasional quilter. Practice makes perfect and if I want to get better I need to put in some extra time and I will get better.
Drunk Monkey sewing aside, I know the girls are going to LOVE the quilt when I get the binding on in the next few days (going to try to machine the binding on which should be interesting!).
Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow.