Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rag Quilt - Progress!!!

Well I got some cutting done last night and ran out of steam - its amazing how that can happen when you are almost 36 weeks pregnant!!!

I was able to cut up the 6 fat quarters that I want to use as the main body for the quilt and zip them through the rag quilt die for the Accuquilt in no time.


I quite like the fabric combinations that came in the fat quarter bundle.  I'm just going to arrange them in a random pattern on the quilt top and then edge the entire thing in a dark green flannel I picked up tonight.


I have decided that I'm not going to put batting in the middle of the layers - its mostly going to be a throw blanket that will go down for tummy time or to cover the stroller so I don't need it to be too thick.  Plus I figure since its my first one I'll keep it somewhat simple so I don't get too caught up in the details so I can finish it before the little guy makes his appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...