Thursday, November 17, 2011

Eye Spy Quilt top Planning!

I know I only got my fabric from the Eye Spy swap two days ago but I seriously couldn't help busting it out this afternoon and seeing almost all the fabric laying out together and trying to decide how big I want the quilt to be.

Originally I thought I'd love to make each of the kids their on Eye Spy quilt but then it dawned on me that I'd have THREE of the suckers lying around my house!  Not that I wouldn't love three of them I just  know that I'd love a big one even more!  Plus then I can throw all the 'girl' and 'boy' specific fabrics into one giant quilt and all three kids will have a ton of fun with it.

Miss S and I laid out almost all the squares - its gonna be one BIG quilt!  I think I decided on 11 rows and 10 columns.  I had a vision of how I wanted it to turn out but I couldn't quite figure out how to type it so I googled Eye Spy quilts and came up with this post from Obsessively Stitching and its EXACLY how I want my Eye Spy quilt to turn out!!

Getting back to my quilt we laid out all the squares and I think its going to look super cute!


After Miss S and I laid out all the squares Miss L wanted to get in on the action so we busted out the 6 inch squares that I got from  A Girl and A Glue Gun's Etsy Shop (she also has a blog with uber uber cool stuff on it - you can see it HERE.  Anyways Miss L laid out a bunch of squares and kept laughing at all the different patterns.  It was super cute!


My little quilter in the making!!!


Hopefully we'll be getting carpet in our basement in the next few days and then its trim then onto my SEWING NOOK so I can actually get some sewing stuff done!  I've got my Tumbling Rubies quilt top that needs to be pinned and some serious Eye Spy fabric to sew plus I have the Crazy Cat Quilt haunting my dreams since I haven't touched it in far too long!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that quilt, it's really nice. I've been looking for a great quilt pattern for my 20 y/old daughter and this looks perfect. I'll show her this one and see what she thinks. She wants black as the main colour with lots of bright colors in it. By the way you have a great great helper there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...