Yesterday I made some sweet sweet stew. It was super good and even the kids liked it (which is a rarity around here these days - oh how I miss the days when my kids would eat anything I put in front of them!!!).
So after the success of my stew yesterday I decided to tackle bread. I figured it couldn't be too hard, after all I had Julia Child's 'Easy Bread' Recipe that I was using!!!
I started throwing ingredients into my mixer and was so excited to get some lovely dough that looked like this:
Instead I got this:
When I tried to knead it for a bit to see if it would help - it looked like this:
I think my first inclining that my bread wouldn't work out was when my mixer was having issues kneading the dough - then I started to smell burnt motor (coming from my good KitchenAid stand mixer) ....then it all went to junk.
Oh well, good thing I had some store bought buns on standby to go with the lovely stew that I made.
And on a super positive note - I got some sewing done yesterday!!
I'll post my latest creation tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.