Little J was born on April 1st and his shower was this past Easter weekend. It took me a few days to figure out what pattern I wanted to do and what kind of fabric I wanted to use but once I found the fabric and convinced myself that it would actually look good together I got to work on it. Of course I wound up misplacing my camera for a few weeks so I didn't get many good 'in progress' pictures of the blanket but I did manage to take a few towards the end of the whole process.
This is the quilt top without the backing or the binding on:
This is the finished creation the day before the baby Shower - I can honestly say that I was seriously tempted to keep it for myself - it was so cute!!!!
A close up of some of the monsters and my awesome (not!) stitching in the ditch quilting technique! The thread that I used for this blanket messed with my machine and thats where the loaner machine from my SIL came in! It worked awesome!
I actually really liked how the black boarder worked well with all the blue and orange fabric - plus the monsters were adorable too!!!
A close up of one of the 9 patches.
The back of the quilt - it was super cute green and blue bubble print.
A close up of the stitching detail on the back.
So there it is, a super cute Monster baby blanket done in approximately 24 hours in just over 2 weeks!! Not bad if I do say so myself!!
Thanks for stopping by - sorry for the delay in posting this, I've had some issues lately! :)